Serve women around your community by packing basic pampering supplies and creating a spa-on-the-go. Here’s where to go and how to do it!
5 Outreach Ideas for Pampering Your Community
- Assisted living facilities. Find out when a facility is planning a special evening event, such as senior prom or a concert, and drop off pampering supplies beforehand.
- College dorms. Many ministries are looking for ways to reach and involve young women. So meet them where they are. Print out copies of Proverbs 31 for the women to keep.
- Emergency shelters. When women experience tragedy, they’re busy dealing with the essentials of life. Work with emergency shelter personnel to set up a discreet location where women can relax, be pampered, and take a break from the stress of life.
- Medical center. Women work long hours to care for others, especially in our current situation. Set up a pampering station in the break room for women to savor a quick moment of rejuvenation in the middle of a busy day.
- Women’s shelters. Some women have rarely been touched in loving ways. Provides a chance for loving touch by supplying items for hand massages, paraffin wax dips, and manicures along with scripture related to God’s love.
Susan Lawrence is passionate about equipping and encouraging women through writing and speaking.
Looking for more outreach ideas? Check out these posts!