The women who lift your arms and support you by volunteering and serving in your ministry need an occasional lift as well. And women who know they are appreciated are more likely to stick around as volunteers. Here are ideas for reminding them of how important they are to you, to your ministry, and to God.
With a small gift
- Candle: “Thanks for sharing God’s light.”
- Cracker Jacks: “You’re a prize!”
- 100 Grand candy bar: “You’re worth even more than 100 Grand!”
- Animal Crackers: “This place would be a zoo without you!”
- Pretzels: “We’d be in knots without you!”
- Gift card to a coffee shop: “Thanks a latte!”
With words from the Bible
- You are loved: Jeremiah 31:3
- You are salt and light: Matthew 5:13-16
- You are valued: Matthew 6:26
- God is for you: Romans 8:31
- You are gifted: Romans 12:6
- God has qualified you: 2 Corinthians 3:5
- You are God’s masterpiece: Ephesians 2:10
- You are chosen by God: Colossians 3:12
- Host a Sundae Sunday and serve ice cream to all your volunteers—or if you only have a few on your team, take them out to ice cream all together.
- Thank your volunteers publicly during a worship service, saying something positive and specific about each person.
- Include a short article about the women on your team in the church newsletter.
- Write a note—this one never goes out of style—especially since mail is so rare these days!
- Remember birthdays with a card.
- Let them know you’ve prayed for them individually.
- Thank their families. Often they’ve made a sacrifice, as well!
- Arrange for a night of babysitting for volunteers with young children so they can have a night out.