In this prayer time, women will connect with each other in a guided prayer and musical reflection.
Prep and Supplies
- CD player
- CD with a song related to God’s presence such as “Jesus will Still Be There,” “A Mighty Fortress is Our God,” “Blessed Assurance,” or “You are My All in All”
Have women form groups of three to five, and sit with those groups in circles.
Say: I’m going to play a song that will remind us of God’s presence. I’d like you to close your eyes and listen. Then, when the song is over, I’ll guide your group in prayer by prompting you with specific things to pray for.
Pray the song as women silently listen and reflect. Then read these prayer prompts aloud and have groups pray aloud together. Allow at least two minutes between each prompt to let women have time for praying.
- Pray for someone who has recently moved to a new city.
- Pray for someone starting a new school or job, who might not know anyone there.
- Pray for someone who has recently lost a loved one.
- Thank God for the friends you have that reach out to you when you’re feeling lonely.