We often think of showing appreciation to our volunteers at the end of the school year and during the holidays, but why wait?
Here are a few fun ideas to try right now:
- Arrange for an ice cream truck to stop by your next team meeting. (Yum!)
- Tie a cluster of (not frozen) Otter Pops together with bright ribbon. Attach a note saying, “You otter know how much we appreciate you!”
- Choose a colorful plastic cup with straw for each person. Tuck single-serving instant iced tea, coffee, or lemonade packets inside with a note that says, “Thanks for being one cool volunteer!”
- Give your volunteers gift cards for a nearby frozen yogurt or ice cream shop—they’ll definitely get used!
- Organize teens or men from your church to wash the cars of all your volunteers during your next team meeting. Now that’s a practical gift!
We’d love to hear your ideas! Comment on this post with your best summer encouragement ideas!